Introducing myself...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introducing myself...

Post  Adhemar on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Adhemar de Villarquemada

Born: November 15, 1363, Sainte Claire, Normandy, France
Father: Nicolas de Villarquemada (d)
Mother: Bernice de Clarens (d)
Siblings: Iago (elder brother, (d), Esther (older sister), Jean-Claude (younger brother) Guillaime (younger brother (d))
Spouse:Catarine de St. Valery (d)
Children: Andre de Villarquemada (d), Vladimir de Villarquemada, Anjelica Milagros de Villarquemada
Titles: Baron de Sainte Claire, Baron Asile Bateau-Dragon, Sire de Villarquemada.

Born and raised in Normandy and Brittany, Monsieur le Baron is a man of some stature in those areas, holding lands from both the Duke of Brittany and the Dauphin, who is also the Duke of Normandy. He has served both the current king Charles, and his father (also Charles) in a military capacity (at the siege of St. Malo, and other battles) and as a herald and diplomat. He attended the Sorbonne in Paris though he was called home after the death of his father at the battle of Najera before completing his studies, and has been to court a number of times, maintaining a small hotel in the capital for his visits there.

He keeps his residence in Normandy, though he frequently travels to Brittany and Gascony to oversee his holdings there, and also to his estates in Poitou, recently granted to him by the King as reward for services he performed for Charles the VI, the current king's father, as well as for diplomatic missions for the current king, Charles VII. He holds some small estates in Aragon, ancestral holdings from his father, but has only seen them once, and relies on the chatelaines there to manage them.

Essentially a diplomat, Monsieur is rarely seen in harness, but with the war in Guyenne and Gascoine heating up, Monsieur is taking to arms once again to serve his king (and perhaps expand his lands), and is fielding a company of handgonners and cannoneers to fight the English.

And in respect to my personal honour, through the mercy of God, it is without reproach, as I have always acted like a loyal and honest man, as well toward my God as to my king and his realm: whoever has acted, or may act otherwise, though he hold the universe in his hand, is worthless, and undeserving of respect.
Adhemar
God King of Parscia
God King of Parscia

View user profile http://www.maisonstclaire.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top