Hawkyns Persona

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hawkyns Persona

Post  Roderic Hawkyns on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:41 am

This is by way of being a secondary persona for me. I originally came to the 15th c as a way of proving to the Society that blackpowder was indeed period. Things have lapsed a little since then and I've made some changes.

Dates are little fuzzy at the moment, but the basic is born in Skipton, around 1400. Apprenticed as a leatherworker, but got itchy feet. Joined a company of soldiers to fight in France and have been so ever since. Rose in rank to command a Company through skill and luck, unsual for non nobility. The last years have not gone well and the Company has disbanded due to death and defeats. It is now shortly after Castillon and I have joined the ranks of the Routiers, making my way back to England, at the expense of the French populace.

Still much to be filled in, and subject to changes. Much of my primary research has been based on the work done by Gerry Embleton and the Company of St. George. Definitely more interested in the reenactment side of this.
Roderic Hawkyns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hawkyns Persona

Post  Adhemar on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forum!

And in respect to my personal honour, through the mercy of God, it is without reproach, as I have always acted like a loyal and honest man, as well toward my God as to my king and his realm: whoever has acted, or may act otherwise, though he hold the universe in his hand, is worthless, and undeserving of respect.
Adhemar
God King of Parscia
God King of Parscia

View user profile http://www.maisonstclaire.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hawkyns Persona

Post  RosettedeRhiems on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Rod!
Welcome!
RosettedeRhiems
Admin
Admin